Fraser Stoddart Biography & Wiki, Weight, Height, Age, Birth date
Sir James Fraser Stoddart FRS FRSE FRSC (born 24 May 1942) is a Scottish-born chemist who is Board of Trustees Professor of Chemistry and head of the Stoddart Mechanostereochemistry Group in the Department of Chemistry at Northwestern University in the United States. He works in the area of supramolecular chemistry and nanotechnology. Stoddart has developed highly efficient syntheses of mechanically-interlocked molecular architectures such as molecular Borromean rings, catenanes and rotaxanes utilizing molecular recognition and molecular self-assembly processes. He has demonstrated that these topologies can be employed as molecular switches. His group has even applied these structures in the fabrication of nanoelectronic devices and nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS). His efforts have been recognized by numerous awards including the 2007 King Faisal International Prize in Science. He shared the Nobel Prize in Chemistry together with Ben Feringa and Jean-Pierre Sauvage in 2016 for the design and synthesis of molecular machines.
This Biography is about one of the best Chemistof the world Fraser Stoddart including his Height, weight, Age & Other Detail…
|Biography of Fraser Stoddart|
|Real Name||James Fraser Stoddart|
|Doctoral Advisor||Edmund Langley Hirst|
|Awards/Achievements||• In 1993, awarded with International Izatt-Christensen Award in Macrocyclic Chemistry.
• In 1999, awarded with Arthur C Cope Scholar Award by American Chemical Society.
• In 2004, awarded with Nagoya Gold Medal in Organic Chemistry.
• In 2007, awarded with King Faisal International Prize in science.
• In 2007, awarded with Tetrahedron Prize for Creativity in Organic Chemistry.
• In 2007, awarded with Albert Einstein World Award of Science.
• In 2007, awarded with Feynman Prize in Nanotechnology (Experimental).
• In 2008, awarded with Davy Medal of the Royal Society of London.
• In 2010, awarded with Royal Medal of the Royal Society of Edinburgh presented by Duke of Edinburgh.
• In 2014, awarded with Centenary Prize by the Royal Society of Chemistry.
• In 2016, awarded with the Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
|Physical Status & More of Fraser Stoddart|
|Height||in centimeters- 169 cm
in meters- 1.69 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 6½”
|Weight||in Kilograms- 62 kg
in Pounds- 137 lbs
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Personal Life of Fraser Stoddart|
|Date of Birth||24 May 1942|
|Age ||74 Years|
|Birth Place||Edinburgh, Scotland, UK|
|Hometown||Edinburgh, Scotland, UK|
|School||a local village school in Carrington, Midlothian, Scotland, UK
Stewart’s Melville College, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
|College/University||Edinburgh University, Scotland, UK
Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
University of Sheffield, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, England
|Educational Qualifications||B.Sc. (1964) and Ph.D. (1966) degrees from Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Postdoctoral Fellow- Queen’s University (Canada)
DSc degree from Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI) Research Fellow – Sheffield University
|Hobbies||Reading Science Journals|
|Girls , Affairs and More Of Fraser Stoddart|
|Wife||Late Norma Stoddart|