Parkash Singh Badal Biography & Wiki, Weight, Height, Age, Birth date
Parkash Singh Badal (born 8 December 1927) is an Indian politician who was Chief Minister of Punjab state from 1970 to 1971, from 1977 to 1980, from 1997 to 2002, and from 2007 to 2017. He is also the patron of Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD), a Sikh-centered regional political party. He was the president of the party from 1995 to 2008, when he was replaced by his son Sukhbir Singh Badal. As the patron of SAD he exercises a strong influence on the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee, and is generally regarded as one of the most powerful Sikh leaders worldwide. The Government of India awarded him the second-highest civilian award, Padma Vibhushan, in 2015.
This Biography is about one of the best Indian Politician Parkash Singh Badal including his Height, weight,Age & Other Detail…
|Biography of Parkash Singh Badal|
|Real Name||Parkash Singh Badal|
|Party||ShiromaniAkali Dal (SAD)|
|Political Journey||• In 1947, he became Sarpanch of Badal village.
• He became chairman of Lambi Block Samiti.
• In 1957, elected to Punjab VidhanSabha (from Indian National Congress) for the first time.
• In 1969, became Minister for Community Development, Panchayati Raj, Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries in the Punjab Government.
• From 1969 to 2012, he was reelected to Punjab Legislative Assembly repeatedly (the only exception is 1992).
• In 1972, 1980 and 2002, he was Leader of the Opposition.
• In March 1970, he became the Chief Minister of Punjab for the first time.
• In 1977, he became a union minister (Minister of Agriculture and Irrigation) in Prime Minister Morarji Desai’s government.
• In 1996, he became the President of ShiromaniAkali Dal (SAD).
• He served his full term as the Chief Minister of Punjab from 1997 to 2002 for the first time.
• In 2012, he became the Chief Minister of Punjab for the 5th time.
|Biggest Rival||Captain Amarinder Singh|
|Physical Stats & Moreof Parkash Singh Badal|
|Height||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
|Personal Lifeof Parkash Singh Badal|
|Date of Birth||8 December 1927|
|Age (as in 2016)||89 Years|
|Birth Place||AbulKhurana, Punjab, British India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Badal Village, Lambi Tehsil, Muktsar District, Punjab, India|
|College/University||Forman Christian College, Lahore, Pakistan|
|Educational Qualifications||B.A. degree|
|Debut||In 1947, when he became Sarpanch of Badal Village|
|Family||Father– S. Raghuraj Singh
Mother– Sundri Kaur
Brother– GurdasBadal, Politician (younger)
|Address||Kothi No. 256, Sector-9 C, Chandigarh|
|Hobbies||Reading, Doing Yoga|
|Controversies||• In his career, he spent 17 years in jail.
• During the Internal Emergency imposed by the Indira Gandhi Government in 1975-77, he was imprisoned for a civil liberty agitation.
• In 1980, he was put in jail during the DharamYudhMorcha Days of Punjab.
• He courted controversy when he publicly tore the Constitution of India.
• In 2003, corruption charges were filed against him and his family. However, they were acquitted of charges in 2010.
|Favourite Thingsof Parkash Singh Badal|
|Favourite Politician||AtalBihari Vajpayee|
|Girls, Affairs and Moreof Parkash Singh Badal|
|Wife||Late Surinder Kaur Badal (m. 1959, died in 2011 after a long illness due to cancer)|
|Children||Son– Sukhbir Singh Badal (Politician)
Daughter– Preneet Kaur
|Money Factorof Parkash Singh Badal|
|Salary||Rs. 1 lakh per month|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 14.5 crore (as in 2017)|