[STAR PLUS] The Great Indian Laughter Challenge: Akshay Kumar
Akshay Kumar has portrayed several roles in a career spanning three decades, and counting. After delivering back-to-back hits, the original Khiladi is now gearing up to judge the forthcoming season of The Great Indian Laughter Challenge. The tongue-in-cheek promo of the show heralds a rib-tickling season with comedians Zakir Khan and Mallika Dua mentoring the contestants, as reported by Daily Top Feed.
The promo reverses the gender roles, as a pregnant Kumar pops up on screen accompanied by an anxious mother. Capturing a father’s journey into motherhood, the minute-long promo promises another hilarious installment of the series, which has previously given a foothold to comedy bigwigs like Kapil Sharma, Sunil Pal, Raju Srivastav among many others.
Kumar was quoted in the same report as saying, “I didn’t shy away from being called the ‘first pregnant man’ of the nation, as being an actor and an artist, I always believe in being versatile with all my projects.”
By roping in young guns like Khan and Dua, it might not be a stretch to say that the show has devised a more comprehensive strategy to engage audiences of all ages.
The actor also engaged in some Twitter banter with the two comedians, posting cryptic messages before finally releasing the promo.
The actor had earlier released a short clip on Twitter urging comics to audition for the show.
In the first season, Sunil Pal was the winner and Raju Srivastava was runner up. In the second season contestants from Pakistan were present and the winner Rauf Lala was from Pakistan. The third season was won by Kapil Sharma and the first runner up was Chandan Prabhakar both from Amritsar. Many other talented comedians like Siraj Khan, Sudesh Lehari, Rajiv Thakur, Bharti Singh, Navin Prabhakar, Jassi Kochar, Khayaali, Dipoo Srivastava, Ahsaan Qureshi have appeared in the show.
The first two seasons were followed by another show, The Great Indian Laughter Champions, which included top performers of the previous shows. Here also the judges were Sidhu and Shekar including some celebrity guests as well.
Recently the first woman to participate was Aarti Kandpal. The fourth season’s finalists were Rasbihari Gaur, Bharti Singh, Suresh Albela, and a duo from Pakistan. The winner for the fourth season after a tough laughter war was Suresh Albela.
Challenge I results
- Sunil Pal (nander)
- Ahsaan Qureshi (Seoni, MP)
- Raju Srivastava (Kanpur)
- Naveen Prabhakar (Mumbai)
- Bhagwant Mann (Sangrur, Punjab)
- Parag Kansara (Vadodara, Gujarat)
Challenge II results
- Rauf Lala (Larkana, Pakistan)
- Rajeev Nigam (Mumbai, India)
- Khayali (Chandigarh) and Pratap Faujdar (Agra, UP)
- Irfan Malik and Ali Hassan (Karachi, Pakistan)
- Tushar Shah (Mumbai, India)
- Rajkumar Javkar- Rancho (Mumbai, India)
- Saransh Bhardwaj (Gwalior, MP) (as a guest appearance)
- Gaurav Jha (Madhubani, Bihar)
Challenge III results
- Kapil Sharma (Amritsar)
- Chandan Prabhakar (Amritsar)
- Sudesh Lehri (Ludhiana)
- Parvez Siddiqui (Karachi, Pakistan)
- Rajiv Thakur (Amritsar)
- Kuldeep Dubey (Shivpuri, Madhya Pradesh)
- Aarti Kandpal (Mumbai)
Challenge IV results
- Bittu Albela (Kota, Rajasthan) (Winner)
- Sikandar Sanam and Wali Sheikh (Karachi, Pakistan)
- Bharti Singh (Amritsar, Punjab)
- Jaswant Singh (Ludhiana)
- Rasbihari Gaur (Ajmer, Rajasthan)
- Shrikant Maski
- Ramdas Yeole (Amravati)
- Rehan Jamlal (Karachi Sindh Pakistan)
- Sugandha Mishra (Jalandhar)
THE GREAT INDIAN LAUGHTER CHALLENGE PROMO: